Duration: Can coincide with college semester (15-week internship, start and end dates flexible/depend on college)
Time Commitment: 8-12 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (hours negotiable)
Salary: $13 per hour; can be used for college credit
Work Location: 2353 Rice St., Suite 240, Roseville, MN 55113 *work is mostly remote, with some in-person opportunities following current policies and the pandemic situation
Reports to: Moses Moe, Community Health and Social Services Program Director and Ner Mu, Community Health Program Manager
The Community Health Intern will work closely with the Community Health Program Manager and Community Health Staff to support and expand KOM’s health programs through outreach, education, events, and research. This position offers the opportunity to acquire skills in several areas of community health education and event planning/research.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in community or public health and serving refugees from Burma in Minnesota. Qualifications include:
- Proficiency in Karen (spoken and written) preferred. Proficiency in Burmese, Karenni, Mon, or Thai and the ability to type in Karen are beneficial.
- Ability to speak and type English language at an intermediate level
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage projects on deadlines
- Ability to cooperate with KOM Staff and work in pairs
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word. Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher is beneficial, but training will be provided.
- Previous experience leading in the community
Please submit a résumé to: Suzanne Olive, Volunteer Coordinator
Address: Karen Organization of Minnesota
2353 Rice St., Suite 240
Roseville, MN 55113