The Karen live in Burma and Thailand, 41 states in the U.S., and several other countries. Because of their widespread community throughout the globe, there have been several Karen-led organizations established.
- Karen Organization of Minnesota is the first Karen-led nonprofit in the U.S. that provides social services to Karen and other refugees.
- Karen Community of Minnesota is a Karen-led community group that acts as the governing body for the Karen community in Minnesota and plans community events.
- Karen Culture Organization of Minnesota is a Karen-led nonprofit that focuses on preserving Karen art and culture through traditional dance and other performances.
- Karen American Communities Foundation provides culturally and linguistically appropriate humanitarian and social support services to improve the living conditions and quality of life of the Karen people from Burma in the United States.
- KCO-USA (Karen Culture Organization in USA) was founded in 2015 and its mission is to preserve and promote Karen cultural activities and events throughout the United States.
- Karen Organization of San Diego is committed to educational and social enhancement of various ethnic minority groups from Burma who reside in San Diego, California.
- EMBARC a grass-roots nonprofit organization founded by and for refugees from Burma living in Iowa.
- Karen National Union is a democratic organization representing the Karen people of Burma who goal is peace and prosperity in a democratic federal Burma.
- Karen Women’s Organization is a community-based organization of Karen women working in development and relief in the refugee camps on the Thai border and with IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons) and women inside Burma.
- Karen Human Rights Group is an independent local organization committed to improving the human rights situation in Burma by projecting the voices of villagers and supporting their strategies to claim human rights.