KOM offers two types of Healthcare programs: CNA and Healthcare Career Exploration. The CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) class is in partnership with the Roseville Adult Learning Center for individuals who are interesting in becoming a CNA. Roseville Adult Learning Center partners with KOM offer a Healthcare Career Exploration (HCCE) class where individuals receive support in navigating various career paths in healthcare.
CNAs work in hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. It is the first step in pursuing a nursing degree. KOM’s CNA class is a 13-week course that meets 3 days per week. The course includes classroom lectures and hands-on lab skills. Participants will:
- Get help preparing for Certified Nursing Assistant state exam
- Receive assistance with job placement
- Receive assistance with resume and cover letter
- Receive coaching to help achieve financial goals
- Get paid for attending training
- February 1, 2023 through May 1, 2023
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 9 a.m. – noon
- These classes are hybrid with meetings in person at least once
- Reside in these zip code: 55106, 55107, 55130, 55113, or 55119
- Or identify as Southeast Asian and low-income
Healthcare Careers Exploration (HCCE)
The mission of the Healthcare Career Exploration program is to help students succeed in the healthcare field. The HCCE program helps students choose a career, develop a path to achieve their career goals, and gain experience in the healthcare field. In the program, students gain insight on different health professions including nursing (CNA, RN, LPN), physical therapy, medical assistance, respiratory therapists, mental healthcare, and more.
- February 15, 2023 through May 15, 2o23
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- These classes are hybrid with meeting in person at least once a week
- Identify as Southeast Asian
- Reside in these zip code: 55106, 55107, 55130, 55113,55119
Sign-up for either of these programs by filling out our Career Trainings Interest Form here.
We are an equal opportunity employer/program provider. Auxiliary aids and services
are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities
in need of an accommodation should contact Eh Hset Paw. (612) 440- 1636,
These programs are funded by the Department of Employment and Economy Development’s Southeast Asian grant.