- This event has passed.
KOM at Twin Cities World Refugee Day
July 16, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join KOM at Twin Cities World Refugee Day this year! At the event, KOM and the Karen community will be featured in several areas:
- Visit KOM’s booth in the Resource Fair to learn more about our services and how you can help
- Stop by the Karen Weaving Circle’s craft vendor booth to purchase a handmade Karen bag, shirt, sarong, or table runner
- Hear Hsajune Dyan, KOM’s Board Chair, share his thoughts and experiences about being a refugee in Minnesota on the event’s panel discussion
- Listen to Morrison Johnny, KOM’s Program Manager for Employment & Social Services, share his story during the event as one of TCWRD’s Honorary Chairs
- Watch the Karen Culture Organization of Minnesota perform Karen Don dance on the Cultural Stage
Twin Cities World Refugee Day is a family-oriented festival celebrating the contributions of refugees in Minnesota through song, dance, food, and story. The purpose of TCWRD is to provide a platform for refugee stories and artistic practices, to honor their lives, and to raise awareness for the millions of refugees in the world who have been forced to flee their homes.