Position Title: Front Desk and Program Associate (Bilingual Karen/English)
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Salary Range: $16.50-$19.50 per hour
Location: Hybrid between office/remote sites in Twin Cities metro and virtually from home.
Status: Full time, 40 hours/week
Benefits: Health insurance (100% of premium covered for employee), life insurance, short-term disability insurance, approx. 180 hours/year of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and regular employer-paid training opportunity. The Karen Organization of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a welcoming, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
Primary Purpose of this position:
The Front Desk and Program Support Associate will provide exceptional customer service to visitors, and administrative and programming support to staff at the Karen Organization of Minnesota (KOM). This position offers the opportunity to acquire skills in several areas of office administration and customer service while helping newly arrived refugees from Burma connect with resources to help them succeed in their new home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open the office at the start of business hours and ensure the office is closed and locked at the end of the business day
- Greet clients, volunteers, and other visitors at the front desk in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensure visitors follow COVID-19 safety protocols
- Screen walk-in clients to assess service needs
- Use computer database to look up client records and edit information
- Assist KOM program staff with data entry, program/event outreach in the community and other record-keeping tasks.
- Answer the phone and transfer calls to the appropriate KOM staff member
- Complete translation projects as needed
- Assist in making copies, delivering mail, ordering supplies, organizing, and monitoring office supply inventory, preparing for special events, and other general office duties
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in office administration, immigrant, and refugee issues, and/or human services
- Able to speak, read, and write in English and Karen languages. Proficiency in Karenni and Burmese also highly desired.
- Typing skills in English required; ability to type using the Karen alphabet also highly desired.
- Ability to communicate professionally in person and on the phone
- Customer service skills
- Good punctuality and reliability
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Proficiency using the internet and database software to enter client data
Normal work environment and schedule:
- Monday –Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The Receptionist is required to be in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to support walk-in hours. Tuesday and Friday hours may be conducted in-person or remotely subject to supervisor approval.
- Staff will be expected to present themselves in a professional manner and dress according to client, employer, and other KOM external customer norms.
KOM requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation required by law. All vaccination doses must have been received at least fourteen days prior to starting employment. KOM requires and provides masks, social distancing, sanitizes common services regularly and is currently open to in-person services to vaccinated clients.
Email your resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED