Status: Part time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00/hr. DOQ
Scheduling: 20 hours/week: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (Hours negotiable)
Reports to: Program Supervisors
Posting Close Date: Open until filled
The Karen Organization of Minnesota seeks a bilingual (Karen/English) professional who is passionate about helping refugees through all stages of life to join our team as a Caregiver Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will find and work with family caregivers who are taking care of elders age 60 or older by providing consultation, group support and educational workshops to ensure caregivers have the knowledge and resources to care for elders. All services the Coordinator provides will be documented across multiple databases. The Social Service Coordinator will be highly accessible to community by staffing consistent weekly walk-in hours at KOM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and enroll eligible participants into the program
- Complete intake, assessment, and service plans for refugees, asylees, or individuals with certain humanitarian protection status
- Coordinate client referrals for a wide variety of social, cultural, and educational services
- Provide consultation, group support, and coordinate educational workshops to caregivers
- Provide transportation and interpretation for the caregivers to ensure they are adequate in providing care to elders
- Develop educational workshops relevant to individuals age 60+ and facilitate lessons that promote independent living skills
- Assist clients with identifying and building a social support network
- Regularly contact clients via phone and home visits to monitor progress and address emerging concerns
- Maintain detailed client files and case notes documenting activities in secure online databases
- Participate in regular staff and program meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual proficiency (English/Karen) required
- Valid MN Driver’s License with proof of insurance and good driving record required. Must be able and willing to use personal vehicle to transport clients (transportation of clients is suspended during COVID).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in case management, refugee resettlement, interpreting, and/or health-related fields
- Competency using MS Office, internet, and database applications for writing, record keeping, reporting, and research
- Knowledge and familiarity with community services and resources for elders in the Twin Cities metro area
- Understanding of Karen culture and local community networks
- Understanding of data privacy requirements and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proven ability to make connections and build relationships with refugee communities and diverse individuals
Email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to Moses Moe, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Karen Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. This policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: promotions, transfers, compensation, terminations, training, and participation in KOM-sponsored benefits or programs. Employees and applicants should raise any concerns they might have regarding possible discrimination or harassment with KOM’s Co-Executive Directors.