Due to the frequent requests for informational interviews and research that the Karen Organization of Minnesota receives, we have established a set of guidelines that we ask interested students or other community members to follow before reaching out.
Guidelines for Informational Interviews
- First and foremost, we do not permit students to observe activities with clients. This is to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for clients and to protect their privacy.
- Due to limited staff time, we cannot accept requests to recruit participants or distribute surveys for research projects. If you are interested in partnering with KOM on a research project, please contact Alexis Walstad or Eh Tah Khu.
- Please read and familiarize yourself with our website before formulating your questions. When reaching out to us, we ask that you send us a copy of the questions you plan to ask, and that you limit questions to those that cannot be answered by the information available on our website. Questions regarding information not available on the website will happily be answered during the interview.
- Last minute interview requests cannot be met. To ensure we are using our limited staff resources wisely, and accommodate the other demands on KOM staff time, requests must be made 2-4 weeks in advance. KOM reserves the right to decline interview requests based on research purpose and staff availability.
- Informational interviews will last approximately 15 minutes and be conducted over the phone.
- Lastly, we always appreciate it when interviewees are interested in giving back to KOM. Learn more about getting involved.
If you have read these guidelines and would like to request an interview with someone from KOM, please fill out our informational interview request form.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about KOM, and we look forward to hearing from you!